Posts Tagged ‘pride parade’
OKC PRIDE Parade is on Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 6:00 p.m.
The next few weeks at youth group we will be discussing ideas for our float! The theme of Pride this year is Proud. Strong. United. Try to think of some exciting decoration ideas.
Check out more details on the parade at their facebook page.
Ways to Participate with OKCYU
- March in the Parade! The parade will lineup at 4:00pm. Judging will start at 5 and the Parade will step off at 6:00pm
- OKCYU Float! There will be a decorating party for the youth at 1:00 the day of the parade at the church to decorate the float and have fun!
- OKCYU’s booth- We will have the booth open from 11a.m.-7p.m. The schedule will be set up in two hour increments for volunteers. Two adults and two youth will be needed for each shift. Let us know at youth group what times you are available to volunteer.
- Bring consent/ release forms- these can be obtained at youth group meetings on Thursday nights.
- Remember to wear sunscreen and bring water to march,
- Wear appropriate clothing, it will be warm and you’ll want to be comfortable. Wear an OKCYU shirt if you have it, or maybe rainbow-wear accessories, you’ll all look great!